SOMETIMES LESS IS NOT MORE!
It’s often said that less is more when it comes to accessories, but sometimes, a single piece of Jewelry isn’t enough to bring your outfit together. Layering your Jewelry can make a bold statement that really sets your look apart. But that doesn’t mean you should throw on every necklace, bracelet, and ring that you own. The key to a successful layered Jewelry look is selecting items that share a common element and create contrast with different lengths and thicknesses.
You can create the perfect look by layering necklaces, bracelets, or rings, so your Jewelry always looks stylish and chic no matter what outfit you’re wearing.
You can make bold and unique style choices that go with silver. To do this, try layering by wearing several silver necklaces of different lengths at once, along with a few rings and bracelets. Stack rings on both hands, wear a few bracelets and layer your necklaces by wearing lengths that reach your collarbone and past your neckline. This creates a very dynamic and visually appealing look if you combine Jewelry that compliments each other and are a particular fan of silver Jewelry.
Like most Jewelry-loving people, you undoubtedly have an entire drawer or Jewelry box devoted to your Jewelry collection. You also possibly wear the same ring, necklace, and bangle day in and day out because, hey — you’re a busy person, and reaching for your tried-and-true pieces makes things so much easier.
News flash: You can get way more mileage out of your Jewelry pieces if you know how to layer your pieces. Here are eight stylist-approved tricks you need to know.
- Wear heavy and dainty pieces at the same time. Don’t save that flashy necklace for a special occasion — go ahead and pair it with your simpler go-to pieces to make a statement all day, every day.
- Use several necklaces in the same metal to break up a solid-coloured top. Colour blocking works in many ways. This is one of them. Don’t worry about spacing your necklaces evenly — let them fall where they may. If off-duty supermodels have taught us anything, looking a little undone adds extra cool to any look.
Pro Tip: Wearing some necklaces with pendants will help your chains stay untangled.)
- Embrace Cuff Bangles. Each one takes up a good amount of arm space, making them a great way to layer without actually wearing a lot of Jewelry.
- Don’t choose between necklaces or bracelets — layer both. The key is choosing the same layering style for your neck and arms: If you’re going bold on your neck, do the same on your arms.
- Throw a hand party, and invite rings of all different shapes and sizes. Keep the rest of your look simple so your hands can truly steal the spotlight.
- Don’t be afraid to mix masculine and feminine pieces. For example, a chunky chain can make your more delicate accessories pop even more.
- When it comes to mixing materials – just do it. Gems, metals, leathers, tassels: When in doubt, wear all your favourite pieces at once to create a unique look that’s entirely personalized.
Go ahead and have fun with your Jewelry!
We would love to see your ideas send us your pictures to @houseoflor